Eve Medical is developing a technology to enable women to easily and reliably collect their own samples for HPV, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea screening.
By reducing barriers to screening, there is potential to increase uptake rates and improve the efficacy of screening programs for cervical cancer and sexually transmitted infections.
Based on extensive scientific and usability research, Eve Medical self-collection system has been designed to:
· Be acceptable and easy for women to use with minimal instruction
· Collect samples from near the cervix, where strains of high-risk HPV are more likely to be found
· Minimize error throughout the collection process
· Enable foolproof and secure sample shipment
· Facilitate required follow-up with an appropriate healthcare provider
The technology is not currently available for public use. It is expected that the device will be available for limited commercial applications in 2013.
If you are interested in using the technology in research, please contact [email protected]
If you’d like more information about the technology or Eve Medical, please contact [email protected]